Weekly Update 9/3/13: More Spell Practice

Work on Elementary continues. This week I got to playtest the new changes a little, and have made a few tweaks. I’m happy with the direction things are going. The changes made for a much faster game but posed a few other problems.  Scoring the Spells is proving a bit of a pain, right now spells cost nothing to put into play but have a higher cost to use than equipment does and you score off the resources spent on using spell cards, but I’m concerned that spells might be too efficient a way to gain victory points. I’ll be reviewing my notes after the next couple of play tests to decide about the spell scoring.

I started reworking the iconography of Dig Site a week or two ago and I’m still working on that. It’s going slowly since the files I was working with when I started working on Dig Site are not easily dealt with by the newer programs I’m using. Also as I’ve said in previous posts trying to find a new size for the tiles is also proving difficult.

A few other ideas are bouncing around in my head for future projects, but nothing concrete yet. As always please let me know if you are interested in helping playtest. Thanks for reading.

Advertisements

About Elderhaven

Elderhaven is a small game design studio.

Posted on September 3, 2013, in Dig Site, Elderhaven News, Elementary, Projects and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: