Monthly Archives: January 2014
Over the break I got a chance to catch up on a few things and rehash the priorities for the different projects I’ve started. Digsite is getting a large overhaul after a couple of play tests over the break. I was not satisfied with some of the mechanics and felt that it needed to be more streamlined in order to be the game I was trying to make. The Elderhaven Setting that I worked on in November will use the Savage Worlds system, eventually I’d love to get it published, but for now it will just be a project that people can download and use. Elementary is still being playtested and will likely go on hiatus until I finish the rework of Digsite.
The new Digsite is much simpler, number of different actions in the deck have been cut way down. Traps, reactions, and tricks are all gone. Instead all of the different types of cards have been rolled into one dynamic mechanic that give the players a risk verses reward choice when they play cards. Cards that give more advantage allow other players the chance to play bad cards.
I’ve been wanting to make the scoring system a little deeper and was able to add an element of set collection to the scoring system that will give players a reason to try and cover a large section of the game map and reward clever play. The hex tiles no longer have specific affects that happen when the card is flipped instead that’s handled by the players and the tiles have one to three different symbols that the player takes and scores at the end of the game. Each set of three is worth four points and each individual symbol is worth one point.
The artifacts are also receiving an overhaul, but I have not finished working on the concepts involved with those cards yet. Each artifact will have a scoring symbol to allow them to be a part of the set collection mechanic.
Thanks for coming back after such a long break. I’ll be updating on a regular basis, but may not do one a week.